The JetBlue Baggage Policy aims to ensure you are well-informed and equipped with all the necessary information about your luggage, from the time of packing to the end of your journey. These guidelines vary depending on factors such as ticket type, selected cabin class, and your loyalty status with JetBlue Airlines.
JetBlue Baggage Policy - Checked Baggage
JetBlue's Baggage Policy for checked baggage specifies the number of bags, the weight and the size limit allowed on the flight, and the baggage fees. These factors can vary based on the passenger's itinerary and fare class.
Take a quick look at the JetBlue Class options.
JetBlue Baggage Policy - Carry-On Baggage
JetBlue's Carry-on Baggage Policy allows passengers to bring one personal item and a carry-on bag on the plane. The personal item and carry-on bag must follow the following restrictions:
- Personal item: The personal item must fit under the seat in front of you and can have a maximum size of 17" L (43.2 cm) x 13" W (33 cm) x 8" H (20.32 cm)
- Carry-on bag: The carry-on bag must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat and can have a maximum JetBlue carry-on size limit of 22" L (55.88 cm) x 14" W (35.56 cm) x 9" H (22.86 cm) (including handles and wheels)
If you’re traveling with a pet, check the pet carrier specifications on the JetBlue Pet Policy.
- As per the JetBlue baggage policy, passengers with Blue Basic fares are not permitted to bring a carry-on bag on board. If a carry-on bag is brought to the gate, a fee will be charged, and the bag will have to be checked. The fee for the 1st or 2nd checked bag will be $65, while the fee for the 3rd checked bag will be $180
- Passengers who bought a Blue, Blue Extra, or Mint fare for domestic U.S. flights are guaranteed their carry-on bag will be allowed on board if it meets all the requirements. Even More® Space seat passengers on all connecting legs are also included in this guarantee. Check the available JetBlue fare options and how you can upgrade your JetBlue flight ticket.
- For routes other than domestic U.S. flights, overhead bin space is allocated based on availability, and it's first come, first served
- Passengers in later boarding groups might be asked to gate-check their carry-on bags if no overhead bin space is left
- Special Conditions in which carry-on bags are included in the fare are,
- Mosaic members
- Travelers to/from the U.K. and Europe (including connecting flights)
- Travelers that are combining a Blue Basic fare with an Even More® Space seat (on all legs, if connecting)
- Active U.S. military
- Unaccompanied minors
- Passengers who include a pet in their Blue Basic booking will be allowed to board the plane with a personal item and a pet carrier. Read the detailed JetBlue Pet Policy.
JetBlue Baggage Policy - Weight And Dimensions
- The JetBlue Airlines Baggage limit, without additional fees for exceeding the weight limit, is 50 pounds (22.68 kg)
- The size limits of the bag are calculated by summing up the total outside dimensions of each bag: Length + Width + Height. The standard size limit, without additional fees for exceeding the weight limit, is 62" (157.48 cm)
- Bags weighing over 70 pounds (31.75 kg) will not be accepted
Important Notes: Baggage that exceeds the weight limit of 50 pounds (22.68 kg) and the size limit of 62 inches (157.48 cm) will be considered overweight/oversized and incur additional fees, as per the JetBlue baggage policy.
JetBlue Baggage Fees
The JetBlue Baggage fees are applicable at every check-in location, and the base rates may vary depending on the travel dates and destination.
Within the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean
|Fare||1st Bag||2nd bag||3rd Bag|
|Blue Basic||$ 35 USD||$45 USD||$150 USD|
|Blue||$ 35 USD||$45 USD||$150 USD|
|Blue Plus||Free||$45 USD||$150 USD|
|Blue Extra||$ 35 USD||$45 USD||$150 USD|
|Mint||Free (up to 70 lbs)||Free (up to 70 lbs)||$150 USD|
|The JetBlue Plus Card member||Free||$45||$150 USD|
Between U.S. and U.K./ Europe
|Fare||1st Bag||2nd Bag|
|Blue Basic||$65 USD||$105|
|The JetBlue Plus Card member||Free||$105|
- The JetBlue baggage fee for a 3rd (or more) checked bag to/from the U.K./Europe is $200
- Passengers can save money on checked bag fees by adding up to 2 checked bags in advance (at least 24 hours before departure). They will receive a discount of $5 on each of the first 2 checked bags
- Checked bag fees will only be refunded if the entire booking is canceled before the scheduled departure time
JetBlue Baggage Fees - Oversize and Overweight Bags
The JetBlue baggage fees for overweight and oversized luggage depend on your destination. If your bag is oversized and overweight, more than one fee may apply.
JetBlue Baggage Fees - Oversize Bags
JetBlue baggage fees for oversized bags are $150
JetBlue Baggage Fees - Overweight Bags
JetBlue baggage fees for overweight bags are $150