You can cancel your Jetblue Airlines ticket in a hassle-free manner. No cancellation charges are applicable if the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of the initial booking, which means you will be eligible for a FULL REFUND.
The Jetblue Airlines Cancellation Policy can help you identify which rules apply to your situation, enabling you to act appropriately.
Jetblue Airlines 24-Hours Cancellation Policy
If you cancel your JetBlue Airlines flight within 24 hours of booking and at least 7 days before the scheduled departure time, you will be eligible for a refund as per the JetBlue cancellation policy. The refund eligibility will vary depending on the type of ticket purchased, but no cancellation fee will be charged.
How to Cancel a Flight Ticket Through JetBlue Airlines?
- Visit the official website at www.jetblue.com
- Sign in to your "JetBlue Account," and navigate to the "My Trip" section
- Provide the requested information, such as confirmation code and last name, and select the flight you want to cancel
- Click "Cancel Flight," and confirm your cancellation to complete the process
- After canceling your JetBlue flight, you'll see a webpage with options for refunding your payment, including a travel credit or a refund to your original payment source
- Following the completion of the JetBlue cancellation form, an email with details about your canceled flight will be sent to your registered email address.
If you want to make changes to your booking instead of cancelling, get complete details on the JetBlue Flight Change policy.
JetBlue Cancellation Fee
|Class Type||Cancellation Fees|
|Blue Basic fare||
- Routes in North America, Central America, and the Caribbean: $100 per person change/cancel fee
- All other routes: $200 per person change/cancel fee
|Blue, Blue Extra, Blue Plus, and Mint fares||
- No fees will be charged if you choose to cancel your reservation before the departure time
Jetblue Airlines Refund Policy 2023
|Types of Ticket / Condition||Jetblue Refund Policy|
- For JetBlue nonrefundable tickets, you can cancel your flight reservation before the scheduled departure time
- A JetBlue cancellation fee will be charged per person according to the jetblue refund policy
- After deducting this fee, any remaining balance will be provided to you as JetBlue travel credit, which can be utilized for future travel with JetBlue
- For JetBlue refundable tickets, you are entitled to cancel your flight reservation before the scheduled departure time to receive a full refund
- No JetBlue cancellation fee will be charged as per the jetblue refund policy
- If you fail to cancel before the scheduled departure time, all money associated with the segment will be issued as JetBlue travel credit, which can be utilized for future travel with JetBlue
- For canceling the ticket booked with TrueBlue points, the points used for the booking will be refunded to the account that was used to make the reservation. These points can be utilized for future travel
- A redeposit fee will be charged for canceling the Award mile tickets
- Mosaic members can cancel their tickets with an additional cancellation fee.
- The refund for additional purchases made during the booking process, such as pet or extra luggage fees, will be received but only if the flight is canceled before departure
- It is important to note that Mosaic members cannot cancel a single leg of a roundtrip booking, so it is recommended to purchase two separate one-way tickets
- Government or military employees who cancel their flight tickets will not be charged any cancellation fees, regardless of the type of ticket or flight tier.
- If a flyer or their family member falls ill, they can cancel their flight ticket due to a medical emergency.
- Refundable ticket prices will be re-deposited to the account, while non-refundable tickets will be "OPEN" for future travel within one year of purchase
- If a flyer or a close relative passes away, the ticket payment will be refunded to the original payment method or to the traveling companion
- To obtain a refund, customers must provide the death certificate and funeral documentation within 14 days.
- JetBlue's vacation cancellation policy states that flyers can cancel their flight, hotel bookings, or other pre-booked items without any cancellation fee
JetBlue Airlines Refund Policy - How to Submit a Refund Request
- Navigate to the official JetBlue website and select the "Manage Booking" option.
- Enter your ticket information and select the "Request Refund" option.
- You will be presented with a form to request a refund. Fill out the necessary details and click "Submit."
- Once the form is submitted, your JetBlue Refund request will be processed.
JetBlue No-Show Policy
JetBlue's No-Show Policy will be applicable if you are unable to arrive at the airport on time for your flight due to an unexpected situation. The policy outlines different guidelines based on the type of ticket fare purchased, whether it is refundable or nonrefundable.
1. Non-refundable Tickets:
Under JetBlue's No Show Policy, if a passenger is unable to arrive at the airport for a scheduled flight and has purchased a Non-refundable ticket, the ticket cost will be considered forfeited. This encompasses any additional or elective acquisitions, such as Even More® Space, priority security, excess baggage fees, and so on.
2. Refundable Tickets:
Under JetBlue's No Show Policy, if a passenger is not able to arrive at the airport for a scheduled flight and has purchased a Refundable ticket, the passenger will not be eligible for a refund but instead will receive an "OPEN" ticket. You can use this ticket for future travel, and it remains valid for one year from the booking date.
JetBlue Delay Compensation
JetBlue Airlines compensates passengers who have experienced any issues during their travel. JetBlue Airlines' policy for delayed flights indicates that compensation will be based on the length of the delay.
| 3-4 hours||$50|
|4-5 hours|| $100 |
|More than 6 hours||$200|
- If you are eligible for a refund, JetBlue Airlines will initiate the process automatically, without the need for you to contact them. The refund will be processed within 7 days of the flight's departure
- If the ticket price drops after your purchase, JetBlue Airlines will issue a refund of $50 and credit the remaining amount to your account