You can check in to your Spirit Airlines flight using multiple options - you can use the mobile app, visit the official website, or check-in at the airport. Make sure you have your booking confirmation number handy when checking in.
You can check in through the mobile app or web checkin 24 hours before your scheduled departure time and up to 45 minutes for domestic and 60 minutes for international flights before your flight departs.
Spirit Airlines Check-in - Check-in Through Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines Website - Spirit Check in Online
You can web checkin through the Spirit website up to 24 hours to 60 minutes before your departure and save time and long queues at the airport.
- Visit www.spirit.com and navigate to the 'Check-in' tab
- Enter your last name and Confirmation Code, and then click on the 'Check-in' button
- Review your itinerary and make any necessary changes, such as buying checked bags or seat assignments
- Retrieve your boarding pass and get ready for a smooth and hassle-free travel experience with Spirit Airlines
Make changes to your flight booking in accordance with the Spirit Airlines Flight Change policy.
Spirit Airlines App
- Download the Spirit Airlines App and log in to your account
- Navigate to the 'Check-in' tab and provide your information, including last name and Confirmation Code
- Click on the 'Check-in' button
- In your itinerary, select or modify your seat on the flight
- Proceed to the baggage check-in section and pay any applicable baggage fees. Check the baggage allowances and baggage fee on the Spirit Airlines Baggage policy page.
- Choose to print your boarding pass and save it on your mobile device
You can use the airport self-service kiosk for check-in purposes within the timeframe of 3 hours to 45 minutes for domestic flights and 60 minutes for international flights prior to the scheduled departure time, depending on the specific departure city and destination
- The kiosk allows you to check in for your flight, view your itinerary, print your boarding pass, add checked bags, change or upgrade your seat, self-tag your bags, and complete service requests
- You can reprint your boarding pass(es) using the kiosk's reprint option if you were not able to print your boarding pass
- Once you've completed the check-in process and obtained your boarding pass, you must proceed to the Bag Drop counter to check in your luggage
Airport Check-In Desk
Spirit Airlines offers in-person Spirit Airlines Check-in assistance at their check-in desks located at the Airport. However, you might have to wait longer at the check-in counters, and a fee of $25 will be charged for printing a boarding pass.
Spirit check in online & Through App - Exceptions
Passengers falling under the below-mentioned categories may be unable to complete their Spirit check in online and through the mobile app. In such cases, they will need to complete the check-in process with a ticket counter agent, and the fee for the same will be waived.
- Passengers traveling with pets
- Unaccompanied minors
- Passengers traveling with a lap infant
- Passengers traveling with Military ID instead of a passport
- Passengers traveling on a group reservation of 10 or more
- Passengers traveling to or from certain international destinations
- Non-U.S. citizens departing from international locations
- Passengers who purchased an extra seat or special items
Spirit Airlines Check-in - Required Documents
- A valid passport for international flights
- A valid photo ID (Any Government-issued ID, Driver’s license)
If you’re traveling with a pet, check the requirements on the Spirit Airlines Pet policy page.
Spirit Airlines Check-In Time - Rules & Requirements
Domestic check-in cutoff times
- If you're traveling on a domestic flight, it is recommended to arrive 2 hours before your scheduled departure time at the Airport
- Spirit Airlines Check-in must be completed 45 minutes before departure. Also, you must be at the boarding gate 15 minutes prior to departure
International check-in cutoff times
- If you're traveling on an international flight, it is recommended to arrive 3 hours before your scheduled departure time at the Airport
- Spirit Airlines Check-in must be completed 60 minutes before departure. Also, you must be at the boarding gate 30 minutes prior to departure